MagnaView Community Forum Index MagnaView Community
Forum for MagnaView users

NewsletterNewsletter  FAQFAQ   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

How do I prevent HTML-output files from becoming too large?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagnaView Community Forum Index -> Products -> Web
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magnaview
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: How do I prevent HTML-output files from becoming too large? Reply with quote

When loading static HTML-files generated with Web Snapshot, loading times are high. This seems due to large files. How do I prevent HTML-output files from becoming too large?

When you generate static HTML-files, all information about all levels in the view is made part of a number of javascript and html files. If, for instance, you have a large number of nodes in your view, say 10.000, with a large number of attributes, say 100, all attributes for all records are stored in a javascript file. The browser of the user that opens the static HTML-output will then have to load these files.

If this level of detail is not relevant for the user, you can do one of the following.

- Hide the level of detail in the view by using the (-) button.

- Remove attributes from visible attributes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MagnaView Community Forum Index -> Products -> Web All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: